The expected performance of any equipment and system depends on the quality of the design input data and information. This ensures that correct information is concurred between the End-user Project Team and the Supplier. This document takes you through each step to gather and define the design requirements for a Purified Water System.
- The purpose of this document is to identify and describe the information (that is the Design Input) required for the design of a Purified Water System (PWS).
- This is the first step towards the specification, design, construction, testing and qualification of a purified water new installation or upgrade project.
- The information can then be exported to the USER REQUIREMENT SPECIFICATIONS (URS)
- The 8-page template takes you through each logical step to gather the Design Input components from raw water data, user requirements, regulatory references, capacity of system, commissioning/qualification requirements, documentation and contractual. The critical aspects of the design and associated acceptance criteria should be documented.
- This guide was developed through years of design, construction and operation experience from both end-user’s and equipment supplier’s perspective
High purity purified water system WFI Water-for-injection critical utilities
E01-0102 Purified Water System & Critical Utilities – Guidelines
E01-0103 Purified Water System – Design Estimate (water usage pattern, sizing capacity of treatment plant, storage and piping)