What is this checklist about and why should I have one?
- This Project Procurement/Construction Checklist and Form is a tool to ensure equipment fabrication, orbital welding of critical piping, mechanical/piping installation, site establishment and execution of site construction activities runs smoothly.
- It is an aide for small to medium size projects. However the same principles apply for more complex projects as the Checklist can be extended to suit.
- The checklist is evolved from “Right-first-time” principles by contracting companies to avoid unnecessary rework and waste of human resources. All these savings will contribute to project quality, cost and schedule benefits.
- This checklist is not part of the Project Quality System but a tool to get project construction “right-first-time”.
There are two parts to this document:
- An introduction to the background of the topic; why this process and document are required, relationship with other documents and processes (3 pages).
- The document Checklist and Form consisting 10 pages with more than 130 checks and prompts into topics like:
- Scope & associated documents – what you should have ready to go to site
- Site checks
- Site Safety & Quality Induction
- Procurement & Receipt of equipment and materials
- Site Setup – toolbox meeting, staging areas
- Welding setup – documents, tools, equipment
- Material inspection and certificates – mill certificates for Equipment Qualification
- Testing & Commissioning – pressure test, passivation chemicals/equipment
GMP Project Quality System Project Procurement Construction Checklist
Who needs this document?
- Vendors – equipment fabricators and manufacturers;
- Contractors – Design & construct turnkey; mechanical piping contractors
- Projects, Validation, Engineering department
Related Documents or Topics: refer flowchart above