What is a project’s Practical Completion and Hand-over?
Typically, Practical Completion is the stage when:
- a Project is coming to an end
- the scope of a project has been completed in accordance with the contract by the Contractor
- all relevant safety and statutory requirements and certification (with the exception of minor defects or minor omissions) are met
- the facility is reasonably suitable for hand-over to Client from the Contractor. This allows the Client to get familiar with the new facility and equipment, caryout training of operators and product commissioning.
When the project reach this stage, the contractor will hand over possession of the facility with all compliance certificates to the Client and once the financial obligations are met under the terms of the contract.
The final “Hand-Over” occurs when all the scope of the project, outstanding defects or minor omissions and testing/commissioning are completed. It is the final contractual milestone between Contractor and Client in a Project as shown in the flowchart below.
Click on the Hyperlink to open the Adobe PDF version E03-50-00_Project_Quality_Sys_Flowchart
Project Practical Completion Project Quality System
Who needs this document?
- Vendors – equipment fabricators and manufacturers; mechanical piping contractors
- Any department who uses equipment & utilities in R&D, manufacturing, testing, laboratories.
- Projects, Validation, Engineering department
- Quality Control
E03-50-00 Project Quality System Flowchart
E03-50-01 Project Quality System Policy
E03-50-02 Project Change Control
E03-50-03 Project & Quality Plan (Concise)
E03-50-04 Project Construction Checklist
E03-51-01 Project Documentation & Testing Requirements
E03-52-01 Material of Construction Specification
E03-53-01 Project Procurement & Inspection Procedure
E03-54-01 Preparation & Welding of Critical Piping
E03-54-02 Passivation of Stainless Steel & Record Form
EQUIPMENT TESTING & QUALIFICATION:
E03-55-01 Inspection & Test Plan (Form)
E03-55-02 Welding – Dye Penetrant Inspection Procedure & Record Form
E03-55-03 Piping Hydrostatic Test Procedure & Form
E03-60-XX Pre-Commissioning Checklist – various equipment
E03-60-01 Pre-Commissioning Checklist – Pump (Centrifugal)
E03-80-01 Equipment Qualification SOP
E03-80-01F1 Qualification Summary Report
E03-80-01F2 Protocol Variance Report Form
E03-81-01 IQ Protocol Template
E03-82-01 IQ Protocol Template For Ancillary Equipment
E03-83-01 OQ Protocol Template
E03-84-01 PQ Protocol Template
E02-90-01 Project Practical Completion Certificate – this document
E02-90-02 Project Hand Over Certificate